My First Pregnancy Story: 1st Trimester

As I've mentioned on my previous post, I surprised my husband with a special gift on his birthday. Early in the morning, I woke him up and showed the pregnancy test kit that I took which indicates a "positive" result. My husband and I tried for months before I was able to get pregnant. We've prayed for this so imagine the joy and excitement we felt on that day. We were so thrilled after learning that I was pregnant. Thank you, Lord God for giving us this wonderful blessing! 
 

Just days after I took my first positive pregnancy test, I've started experiencing the difficulty of first trimester. Eating had become a real challenge for me. I lost my appetite and just seeing any food on the internet and TV makes me want to throw up. I'm a lady with a sweet tooth but now, the thought of chocolates or any sweets makes my stomach turn. I feel nauseous whenever my stomach is empty or full so I ended up eating less than a half of my every meal. I feel sick and exhausted all the time. I  crave for more sleep and I can barely keep my eyes open most of the time. I've been sleeping a lot but I feel like I have no energy to do anything. All I've wanted was to snuggle on bed all day. My husband took over most of the household chores. There were days that I cried because I felt so unproductive.  During those times I prayed and asked for God's help and guidance. Instead of complaining, I thank God for giving me the privilege to carry a child and for giving me an attentive & supportive husband. I feel fortunate!


I had my first prenatal check up in NMC Hospital in Al Ain (JAN/29/2013) at ten o'clock in the morning. I went on several tests and had my very first ultrasound scan. My husband and I were able to see our little bean on the monitor and we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time. At first, the doctor could only see the yolk sac. It took a while before she finally see our tiny baby. Actually, my husband was the first one who saw the "flicker" on the monitor and the doctor said it was our baby's heartbeat. I was relieved! To see the tiny embryo on the monitor and to actually hear the heartbeat was so amazing. Every bit of nausea, fatigue, soreness, and mood swings were totally worth it!

How about you? What's your first trimester of pregnancy like? 

Post a Comment for "My First Pregnancy Story: 1st Trimester"