A Simple Celebration of My Husband's Birthday

One of the things I love about my husband is his simplicity. He's not the type of person who adores big and extravagant parties. On his 34th birthday (which was on the other day), we celebrated it at home. Just the two of us. 

It was his first birthday after getting married. In the morning, we woke up early and I showed him my birthday present. A special gift which I can't tell now but it's the best and perfect gift for my dearest hubby. A kind of gift he will remember for the rest of his life. 



At lunch, I've prepared a special meal for us. I cooked rib eye steak with garlic-thyme marinade as main course, sweet corn with butter for the side dish, and egg fried rice with green peas. I also baked him a red velvet cake and decorated our dining table with balloons to make it more special. To complete the set up, I played random happy birthday songs while we're having lunch. He liked it very much! I know he's going to like it because he always appreciates my effort.


We're supposed to go out for dinner but I wasn't feeling well so we've decided to just stay at home and cook. Together, we prepared our dinner meal. We had chicken barbeque and Filipino style spaghetti.

After a sumptuous meal, I showed him my last surprise. It was a letter which I wrote here on my blog a few days back. I saw tears in his eyes while he's reading my letter... tears of an overwhelming joy. We hugged and kissed after. It was truly a simple yet meaningful birthday celebration. A day full of love and laughter.

How about you? What did you do on your husband's birthday?

Post a Comment for "A Simple Celebration of My Husband's Birthday"